GeoScienceWorld (GSW) is a nonprofit corporation formed by a group of leading geoscientific organizations for the purpose of making geoscience research and related information easily and economically available via the Internet. GSW is an unprecedented collaboration of six leading earth science societies and one institute.
The Founding Organizations:
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG),
- American Geological Institute (AGI),
- Geological Society of America (GSA),
- The Geological Society of London (GSL),
- Mineralogical Society of America (MSA),
- Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM), and
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
These Founders have worked together with other geoscience societies and university presses to develop an electronic research resource that is unprecedented in our field of science. Initially, GeoScienceWorld (GSW) will deliver online the aggregated journal content of the Founding Organizations and of other not-for-profit and independent geoscience publishers. With time, other material such as maps, books, and geoscience digital data will be included or inter-linked. When technically practical, GSW will include non-English publications.