For grinding of medium-hard to soft materials, temperature-sensitive samples, for example with liquid nitrogen.
Typical fields of application
Soft materials like plants, wood, roots, leaves, coniferous needles, spices, textiles, leather, chemicals, foodstuffs, grains, cellulose, fillers, chalk, kaolin, coal, soils (without stones). Medium-hard samples like drugs, dragées, tablets, fertilizers, pellets, fodder Temperature-sensitive samples can be ground, because of the rapid, effective grinding, the heat absorption of the material is reduced. Materials which are difficult to grind such as styrene, polyester, plastics, foils, PVC, PP and PE can be embrittled for example by liquid nitrogen prior to grinding and good results can be expected for analytical purposes.
Method of operation
A high-speed rotor with shaped ribs crushes the sample by impact force. In addition, the sharp-edged teeth and the sieve insert reduce the sample by shearing. The sample ist placed under stress in the last milling stage by friction between the rotor and the sieve insert. Ground material is collected in a stainless collection pan.
Features of performance
- Easy change of rotor, collection pan, sieve insert and labyrinth seal
- fine grinding by impact and shearing
- Grinding tools can be completely removed and inserted again without tools
- Controlled rotor torque (6.000-20.000 rpm)
- Optimum cooling in grinding chamber due to very high air throughput
- Highly resilient, wear-resistant rotor made of stainless steel, nitrogen surface hardned
- Wear-resistant labyrinth seal between grinding chamber and drive motor
- High speed stability even under full load
- Simple, contamination-free cleaning of grinding tools outside the instrument
- Safety standard EN 61010 and CE-mark and 2 year guarantee
The Variable Speed Rotor Mill pulverisette 14 is delivered with collecting vessel, but without rotor and sieve ring. Rotors and sieve rings are available in different types and materials and must be ordered as accessories.