Break-through 213nm technology yields the shortest pulse length & wavelength combination for optimal ablation performance plus solid-state reliability
UP-213 is the 2nd generation, high-performance Nd:YAG deep UV (213nm) laser ablation system that provides flat craters and high absorption for the analysis of opaque and transparent materials alike. The deep UV 213nm wavelength produces a finer particle distribution. This increases transport efficiency of the aerosol resulting in better sensitivities and minimal deposits at the plasma.
UP-213 combines the ease-of-use of a solid-state laser with the high-efficiency sampling of deep-UV wavelengths for solid sampling of semiconductor, geological, biological, and environmental specimens. The laser ablation software program controls all laser parameters, sample viewing, stage positioning and gas routing functions, including triggering of the mass spectrometer, for a fully automated ablation process.
The Universal Platform Series is the most recent advances in laser ablation technology. It offers a totally flexible design that can be upgraded with features, wavelengths and software as they are released. The Universal Platform is designed for high reliability and easy maintenance.
- Higher absorption rate at 213nm vastly improves ablation of all materials Including fragile and easily cleaved minerals
- Long, spike-free, stable signals - ideal for isotope ratios
- "Resonator-flat" beam and specialized beam delivery system yields flat craters with energy densities that remain constant when changing spot sizes
- Precision depth profiling and spot sizes to 5µm make this an excellent inclusion and thin-film analysis tool
- Accepts large format and specialized sample chambers including LN2 cooled chambers
- Finer particles improves transport efficiency and minimizes deposits
- Automated laser ablation process using the widely acclaimed New Wave Research software, including sample navigation mosaic function. Operates from Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, Me
- Wavelength and feature upgrades available
A perfect complement to any ICP, ICP-MS noble gas or stable isotope mass spectrometer for:
- Analysis of geological materials, including volcanic glasses, silicate minerals and calcite
- Direct analysis of pressed powders
- Bulk analysis on metals, alloys, polymers and ceramics
- Micro-feature analysis on fluid inclusions in quartz and halite
- Direct micro-analysis on mineral grains