|Over 25 years experience in researching the biogeochemical cycling of trace metals, metalloids, organic matter, hydrocarbons and nutrients in marine and fresh water ecosystems.
Architect of the ANZEEC guidelines for Water Quality Monitoring and Reporting and ANZECC/ARMCANZ Guidelines for Protection of Aquatic Ecosystems and sediment quality guidelines as well as State of the Environment reporting.
Specific research interests in:
- Microwave assisted extraction techniques
- Metal and metalloid speciation measurements by HPLC-ICPMS, HPLC-MS-MS and SPME-GC-MS
- Biogeochemical cycling of metalloids, trace metals, nutrients, organic matter, and pesticides
- Water quality measurements and interpretation
- Estuarine Ecology and management
- Water Quality Guidelines
- Designing sampling and analysis programs
- Catchment management and water quality