The International Mass Spectrometry Foundation started this educational activity, aimed to enforce, promote and diffuse the culture of mass spectrometry, in 2013 with the first edition of this school held in Siena (Italy). After ten years, moving in Europe and out of Europe (Siena, Natal (Brazil), Dubrovnik (Croatia), Sitges (Spain) and Belfast (Ireland)) the International Mass Spectrometry School comes back to Italy in the town of Cagliari, in the magnificent island of Sardinia.
Many students attended the various editions of IMSS and each completely fulfilled its aims: give a good education, establish and favorite students-tutors and students- students interactions, high level tutors, informal and friendly atmosphere, great social events.
17.09.2023 - 22.09.2023
Cagliari, Sardinia (Italy)
Prof. Gianluca Giorgi
University of Siena
Department of Biotechnology, Chemistry and Pharmacy
via Aldo Moro
I-53100 Siena (Italy)
Conference web site at:
The 6th International Mass Spectrometry School is a six day school aimed to give a high level education in fundamentals,
advances, instrumentation, and applications of mass spectrometry to graduate, PhD and post-doc students, and others working
in industries and in different institutions in the areas of chemistry, biosciences, food, environment, and medicine.
The school joins together participants from academia, public and
private research centers and industry, and it is a useful occasion for
allowing meeting of students and tutors coming from different
countries and for creating new links and networking. Topics include:
- Mass spectrometry: overview & perspectives
- Ionization techniques
- Ambient mass spectrometry
- Analyzers: in-time and in-space ion separation
- High resolution mass spectrometry
- Ion mobility
- MS Imaging
- Data analysis
- Complex mixture analysis
- Target & untarget analysis
- Applications in food, clinics, omics sciences, …
- Innovation in instrumentation and methodologies
The school is organized in:
- Tutorial lectures aimed at presenting theory, fundamentals, instrumentation and applications of mass spectrometry given by an international team of lecturers;
- Poster sessions. Participants are encouraged to present a poster on their own research activity. Posters will be exhibited during the full period of the school to give the opportunity to those attending the school to go through;
- Selected flash orals. Selected posters will be presented as flash oral communications;
- Exercises with the active participation of students in solving some exercises on matters presented in the lectures;
- Problem solving in which students present to other students and tutors problems encountered in their scientific activity receiving suggestions on how to try to solve them.
- Social program: • Welcome party; • excursion to the beach; • Gala Dinner; • students leave their mark!
|June 15,2023||Registration |
|June 30,2023||Registration fee payment |