Bruker Daltonics - HCTultra
| Year of introduction
historical ( out of sale )
Hyphenated Techniques: LC-MS
Mass spectrometer: ESI-MS
Mass spectrometer: LC-MS
|The ultra Performance High Capacity Trap
Exceed the limits of all previous ion trap technology – set a new standard for high-information content LC-MSn!
For today’s challenges in proteomics and metabolomics work, the HCTultra is best prepared to partner the researcher in the fields of:
The new cutting-edge HCTultra™ adds the best ever speed and sensitivity available anywhere to the trusted portfolio of LC-ESI-MSn ion traps from Bruker Daltonics.
- protein identification
- protein characterization
- de novo peptide sequencing
- differential proteomics
- metabolite profiling
Sensitivity & Speed
The brand new HCTultra is the most sensitive ion trap on the market for MS and MS/MS scans. Full scan MS sensitivity is a must for all data dependant experiments, it enables intelligent acquisition of MS/MS data especially on low abundant precursor ions. Together with the dramatic increase in MS/MS peptide data per time unit the HCTultra assures maximum information from your samples, leading to a remarkable increase in peptide/protein identifications and database scoring.
Simultaneously the quality of MS/MS data reaches new heights due to new designs of smart precursor selection tools. The new PhosphoScan™ can easily detect phosphopeptides in a single LC-MS/MS run. Besides the well-established Smart ICC technology, PeptideScan™ allows on-the-fly selection of 2+/3+ charged peptide ions. For small molecule applications, SmartFrag™ and fast +/- switching provides highly reproducible MSn spectra for Librarysearch.
With the best mass accuracy available among ion traps, the HCTultra is an excellent instrument for de novo sequencing applications.
Equipped for transforming speed into information
Millions of MS/MS spectra, acquired with ease by HCTultra, are handled conveniently by ProteinScape™ the most sophisticated bioinformatics tools available. Furthermore, true non-redundant protein lists and reports are generated and fully automated screening for a large set of modifications may be initiated. Even automated phosphopeptide detection is possible with the new HCTultra.
Bruker Daltonics again redefines the leadership in LC based MSn instruments with the new HCTultra. Unrivalled speed, sensitivity and mass accuracy are complemented with smart, sophisticated software tools to get the most out of every important sample.
The HCTultra features Compass™, Bruker Daltonics’ comprehensive software environment for integrated LC/MS control, data acquisition, processing and interpretation. The optional Compass Security Pack™ allows ion trap productivity in regulated environments.
Cutting-edge HCTultra technology
- Fastest Ion Trap instrument of any technology on the market.
- Best mass accuracy of all ion traps.
- Best MS and MS/MS sensitivity of all ion traps.
- Unparalleled combination of resolution, scan speed, and mass range in MS and MSn.
- Fast Polarity Switching for on-the-fly acquisition of positive and negative ions.
- SmartFrag™ creates reproducible MS/MS spectra for successful MS/MS library search.
- Full scan MS and MS/MS in all scan modes for sensitive and fast analysis of unknown compounds.
- PhosphoScan™: Neutral loss dependant AutoMS3 scans e.g. for determination of protein modifications.
- on-the-fly selection of 2+/3+ charged peptide ions with PeptideScan™
- Multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) with MS/MS and MS3.
- Manual MSn up to MS11 in all scan modes.
- AutoMSn tree experiments with up to 30 MS precursor ions and 5 fragment ions per stage.
- Triple Play experiments without time consuming "charge-state determination-scan"
- All types of data-dependent experiments, including preferred mass list for automated feedback experiments from MetaboliteTools, PROTEINEER and PROTEINEER-LC.
Compass™ Software Features
- ESI, APCI, APPI
- Online/Offline NanoElectrospray
- Smart CE-MS coupling with grounded needle
- Integrated LC-MS control and data processing Software options:
- MetaboliteTools™ software for metabolite identification
- BioTools™/RapiDeNovo™ software for protein data interpretation
- ProteinScape™ database system for proteome project management
- ACD Labs MS Manager for structural interpretation and classification
- Compass Security Pack™ for work in regulated environments
The HCTultra seamlessly integrates in Bruker Daltonics' system solutions