Superior performance, greater insights, and exceptional results
The challenges you face in the laboratory are complex – from the samples you run to the rules and regulations that govern your operations.
Now there is a simple solution for all of your chromatography needs: the Altus™ UPLC® platform. Running the Waters® Empower® 3 CDS – the most comprehensive data software in the industry – the Altus UPLC® system lets you to tackle the most complex samples to meet the most stringent regulatory requirements.
Chromatography that instills confidence
The Altus UPLC® system represents a breakthrough in LC particle technology and system design. It combines advanced fluidics with sub-2-μm particle columns for superb performance at high pressures, with minimal volumes and optimized flow paths. Combining the flexibility of quaternary solvent blending with the flow-through needle injector, this elite LC system provides high resolution, sensitivity, and improved throughput with exceptional, reliable results.
Solving prep-time issues
Prep time on the Altus UPLC® system is reduced significantly with AutoBlend™ technology, which automates the formulation of mobile phases from reservoirs of pure solvents or concentrated stock solutions. AutoBlend Plus™ also manages pH and ionic strength requirements for the selected mobile phase automatically, so you can take full advantage of the system’s quaternary blending capabilities. Plus, you can transfer methods to other laboratories quickly and easily, reducing the possibility of errors.
- Multisolvent blending: provides the capability to expand the D line and add six additional solvent lines, any of which can become your quaternary gradient.
- Direct inject sampling: precise injections with excellent sample recovery and specialized technology to ensure needle is accurately sealed, even at high pressure.
- Next-generation column compartments: Column heaters and managers are standardized with accessible, low-volume, active solvent preheaters that ensure consistent performance, while stackable column module provides an automated switching capability and temperature range of 4 °C to 90 °C.
- Managed dwell volume: SmartStart® technology automatically manages gradient start time and preinjection to reduce cycle times.
- Full complement of detection modes: UV, PDA, FL, RI, SQ low-dispersion detection modes enable you to customize.
Method transfer is simple
It is easy to transfer methods from your current instruments to the Altus UPLC® system. Select a column comparable to your HPLC column, enter existing HPLC conditions into the system’s UPLC® Columns Calculator, and run. Choosing the right UPLC® columns and conditions is simple as well, with method transfer guidelines available on the system console.
The ultimate performer
The Altus UPLC® system delivers vast improvements in analytical resolution, sensitivity, and throughput. One Altus does the work of multiple HPLC systems. With fewer bottlenecks, lower energy needs and reduced waste, it means you can do more with less.