What is MassBank?
MassBank is the first public repository of mass spectral data for sharing them among scientific research community. MassBank data are useful for the chemical identification and structure elucidation of chemical compounds detected by mass spectrometry.
- Distributed database
- High precision and accurate mass spectra of biologically endogenous and exogenous substances
- Mass spectral search by exact m/z and browsing interface
- Merged spectra as the reference data independent to analytical methods
A merged spectrum is generated from spectra of the identical compound measured in different CID conditions.
The MassBank Record for each merged spectrum includes information of its original spectra.
Hardware & Software Requirements
For the full performance of the MassBank services, the following platform is recommended.
- Web browser is Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox 2 or higher
- Turn off a pop-up blocker
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) ver.1.5 or later