Varian Inc. (Part A) - Cary 6000i UV-Vis-NIR spectrophotometer
| Year of introduction
historical ( out of sale )
Varian Inc. (Part A)
Spectrometer ( Molec. ): UV/VIS
Varian pioneered the world's first double beam UV-Vis-NIR spectrophotometer with InGaAs detection, to take advantage of the dramatically reduced noise and improved sensitivity the detector provides in the NIR. The Cary 6000i represents the second generation of this technology and is the world's most advanced UV-Vis-NIR spectrophotometer with InGaAs detection.
With an operating range from 175-1800 nm, the Cary 6000i is the instrument of choice for users needing to keep abreast of rapidly developing photonics and communications technologies-both now and in the future.
The InGaAs detector provides superior signal to noise performance compared to conventional lead sulfide detectors. This results in improved detection limits and increased scan rates, giving you cleaner spectra with better resolution in less time.
The unmatched NIR capabilities of the Cary 6000i are further enhanced by the Cary Optical Isolation and Peltier detector cooling systems. Like the Cary 4000 in the UV-Vis region, the 6000i can be used as a primary reference spectrophotometer in the NIR, providing absolute accuracy measurements without the need for reference to expensive external calibration standards.
The instrument is shipped with solid sample holders and can be fitted with a wide range of accessories. It is controlled by the Cary WinUV software.
Cary 6000i design features include:
- Wavelength range - 175-1800 nm
- Optical Isolation System - incorporates a 'floating' solid aluminium casting that isolates the optics from external disturbances. You can be sure that your laboratory environment won't affect your instrument's performance.
- InGaAs detector - superior signal-to-noise performance than conventional lead sulfide detectors. This results in improved detection limits and increased scan rates, giving you cleaner spectra with better resolution in less time
- Schwarzchild coupling optics - ensures the maximum level of light throughput. This produces more accurate measurements at low transmission levels
- Silica overcoating - protects the optics from the environment and allows cleaning without damage to their reflective surface
- Variable and Fixed slits - allows optimum control over data resolution. The spectral bandwidth can be set down to 0.01 nm. The slits can be fixed in the NIR as well as the UV-Vis regions
- Out-of-plane double Littrow monochromator - minimizes photometric noise and stray light, providing excellent resolution
- Advanced electronics design - The instruments can typically measure beyond 8 Abs with reference beam attenuation
- Nitrogen purging - The monochromator and sample compartments have separate nitrogen purging capabilities,
allowing the sample compartment to be purged at a higher rate than the instrument
- 'Plug-and-Go'™ lamp management - lamps are now easily replaced and pre-aligned, requiring no adjustment. The lamp management electronics ensures that a wider range
of lamp designs can be accommodated
- LockDown™ mechanism - you can mount accessories in the sample compartment quickly, easily and reproducibly. You'll spend less time on set up and more time on analysis!