Varian's SpectrAA 50/55 series instruments are ideal for any laboratory requiring an entry level AA system with advanced capabilities. The single beam SpectrAA 50 and the double beam SpectrAA 55 feature a LCD screen and dedicated keyboard enabling simple, stand-alone operation.
The SpectrAA 50/55 interface enables you to view and edit instrument parameters on-screen, ensuring fast, easy operation. Complete results, including concentration, precision and replicate readings are displayed. This allows you to confirm results as each reading is completed. After calibration, you can view the calibration graph to check goodness of fit, or read absorbance or concentration values from the graph. Additional interface features include:
Multi-lingual language support
The interface is available in a choice of languages. Language selection can be changed at any time, making the instruments ideal for use in a multi-lingual environment.
Cookbook and custom methods
Cookbook methods with recommended instrument parameters are provided for all elements. These methods can be recalled and modified at any time. You can also save up to 30 customized methods, providing easy access to your most common analyses.
Without high performance hardware, the best user interface in the world will not produce the right answers. The SpectrAA series has been specifically designed to ensure you get the best quality results possible, now and in the future.
The SpectrAA 50/55 series can be used with the revolutionary SIPS (Sample Introduction Pump System). SIPS enables you to perform online calibration from a single standard and fast online dilution of over range samples.
The SpectrAA 50/55 can also be used with Varian's VGA-77 Vapor Generation Accessory to allow detection of hydride forming elements at mg/L concentrations.
The SpectrAA 50/55 can be tailored to your needs and budget. Options for automating the systems include fully automatic wavelength and slit selection simplifies operation, even for novice users
- dual fixed lamp positions that make lamp changes quick and reliable
- a 'next lamp' warm-up facility that saves analysis time
- Background correction
The high intensity deuterium background corrector features:
- a fast 2 ms response time, ensuring accurate correction of transient background signals
- the ability to adjust or replace the lamp without removing the instrument covers
- Ideal for rugged environments
No matter what your environment, the SpectrAA 50/55 has features to suit:
- completely sealed optics with quartz overcoated mirrors offer protection in dusty or corrosive environment
- the air purge system is fitted inside the instrument, eliminating the chance of corrosion in rugged or corrosive environments.
- Reducing the cost of ownership
The SpectrAA 50/55 were designed with cost of ownership in mind, ensuring you can get and keep your lab up and running faster:
- comprehensive diagnostic assist rapid troubleshooting and fault diagnosis, maximizing instrument uptime
- Varian's Telediagnostics option connects you to our worldwide network of support personnel for online assistance
- Upgrade to PC control
Both systems can be easily upgraded from a stand-alone keyboard controlled system to a fully PC-controlled Varian 140/240 flame or furnace system for automated multi-element analysis. Upgrades can be performed at any time, ensuring that the instrument you purchase today will continue to meet your requirements in the future. With an external PC added you can use Varian's SpectrAA Worksheet software and the complete range of AA accessories, including the GTA-110 graphite furnace and the SPS flame autosampler.