Thermo Scientific - Q Exactive™ Focus - Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer
| Year of introduction
Hyphenated Techniques: LC-MS
Mass spectrometer: ESI-MS
Mass spectrometer: LC-MS
The sensitivity, selectivity, flexibility, and ease-of-use provided by hybrid quadrupole-Orbitrap mass spectrometers set the standard for screening, quantitation, identification, and confirmation of targeted and untargeted compounds. The Thermo Scientific™ Q Exactive™ Focus hybrid quadrupole-Orbitrap MS makes this power accessible to environmental, food safety, clinical research, forensic toxicology, and pharmaceutical labs challenged by growing sample volumes and constrained by strict budgets. The Q Exactive Focus system simplifies method development, saving time and decreasing costs while reliably delivering unsurpassed results.
The Q Exactive Focus mass spectrometer combines quadrupole precursor selection with high-resolution, accurate-mass detection to produce sensitivity that rivals triple quadrupole mass spectrometers and resolution that surpasses Q-TOF instruments.
- Exceptional sensitivity thanks to superior selectivity that eliminates interferences allowing lower limits of detection and quantitation
- Fast polarity switching so more classes of compounds can be processed in a single analysis
- High scan speeds for compatibility with fast chromatography and high-throughput screening
- Resolution superior to Q-TOF instruments for more confident identification and confirmation
- Exceptionally wide linear dynamic range
The unique hybrid quadrupole-Orbitrap configuration provides exceptional flexibility, allowing Q Exactive Focus instruments to perform both targeted and untargeted screening with confident identification and confirmation. Q Exactive Focus instruments can take advantage of high-resolution, accurate-mass in a number of quantification approaches, including:
- Full-scan – data-dependent MS/MS (FS-ddMS2) acquisition for ultimate scan speed and quantitative performance
- Variable data-independent acquisition (vDIA) for qualitative coverage for screening unknowns without compromising quantitative performance
- Selected-ion monitoring (SIM) for simple setup and highest sensitivity
- Parallel-reaction monitoring (PRM) for high selectivity and high throughput with confident confirmation
Application-specific software is available to make full use of the power of the Q Exactive Focus instrument.
For component identification in untargeted and unknown workflows, Thermo Scientific™ TraceFinder™ software includes libraries of high-resolution accurate-mass (HRAM) spectra. 1,594 compounds commonly targeted in food and environmental analyses are represented by 8,392 HRAM spectra. Another 1,052 compounds commonly targeted in clinical research and forensic / toxicological analyses are represented by 5,260 HRAM spectra. Combined with TraceFinder data analysis software, the Q Exactive Focus offers a powerful, yet simple-to-use solution for food safety, environmental, clinical research, forensic, and toxicological screening.
Thermo Scientific™ SIEVE™ software for differential analysis helps scientists performing metabolomic, lipidomic, and similar research concentrate on compounds of interest by locating and identifying those compounds that show statistically significant changes in abundance between sample sets or over time.