Bruker Daltonics - esquire4000
| Year of introduction
historical ( out of sale )
Hyphenated Techniques: LC-MS
Mass spectrometer: ESI-MS
Mass spectrometer: LC-MS
|The successful esquire ion trap series has now been adapted to the needs of routine LC/MS and CE/MS with the addition of MS/MS specificity and structural information. The esquire4000 is designed to increase productivity in the analytical lab, and to meet the requirements of analytical quality control, structural confirmation, purification and quantitation from complex mixtures.
Ion trap mass analyzer
Bruker Daltonics‘ state-of-the-art multipole ion trap mass analyzer offers a superior combination of scan speed, resolution and sensitivity. Ultra-fast scan cycles for both MS and MS/MS capture individual spectra across the entire m/z standard range of 2,200 u in less than 200 ms, thus providing an extremely high LC/MS duty cycle. This fast scanning, together with the high ion transfer and trapping efficiency, leads to a superior sensitivity in the low pg range. Besides, measurement variance is greatly reduced.
Proven orthogonal ESI source
The esquire4000 uses the successful Agilent electrospray (ESI) ion source, providing outstanding robustness, sensitivity and reproducibility over a wide range of LC gradients and flow rates.
The unique orthogonal sprayer design speeds up method development while minimizing chemical noise, regardless of the separation conditions. The rugged design with fixed sprayer position prevents contamination and thus extends the maintenance cycle time, even with difficult sample matrices or non-volatile buffer systems.
- Structural confirmation
- Quantitation from complex samples - MS/MS adds specificity
- Structural elucidation
- Proven esquire technology
- Unparalleled combination of resolution, scan speed, and mass range in MS and MSn.
- Superior mass accuracy.
- pg MS and MS/MS sensitivity.
- Polarity Switching for on-the-fly acquisition of positive and negative ions.
- SmartFrag™ creates reproducible MS/MS spectra for successful MS/MS library search.
- Full scan MS and MS/MS in all scan modes for sensitive and fast analysis of unknown compounds.
- Neutral loss scans e.g. for determination of protein modifications.
- Multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) with MS/MS.
- Manual MSn up to MS3 in all scan modes (via SW option).
- AutoMS2 experiments (AutoMS3 via SW option)
- Active Exclusion
- Passive Exclusion
- Maximum Resolution Scan
- Triple Play experiments without time consuming "charge-state determination-scan"
- Preferred mass list (via SW option)
- Preferred charge state (via SW option)
- Integrated LC-MS control provided for:
- Agilent 1100 HPLC series, Capillary LC, nanoLC
- Waters Alliance HPLC series, CapLC, PDA
- LC Packings nanoLC systems (1D and 2D)
- Gilson 215 Autosampler/Fraction Collector
- Spark Endurance Autosampler
- CTC Analytics HTS PAL Autosampler
COMPASS ™ Software Features
- ESI – Orthogonal electrospray ionization source
- APCI – Orthogonal atmospheric pressure chemical ionization source
- Online NanoElectrospray – for capillary LC flow down to 50 nL/min
- Offline NanoElectrospray – consumption of 1-2 uL per sample at a flow rate of ca. 25 nL/min
- AP-MALDI – Atmospheric pressure MALDI source
- APPI – Atmospheric pressure photo ionization source
- Smart CE-MS coupling with grounded needle
- Integrated LC-MS control and data processing, including HyStar™, esquireControl™, DataAnalysis™, QuantAnalysis™, LibrarySearch™ modules.
- MetaboliteTools™ software for metabolite identification
- BioTools™/RapiDeNovo™ software for protein data interpretation
- ProteinScape™ database system for proteome project management
- ACD Labs MS Manager
- Compass Security Pack for work in regulated environment