Bruker Daltonics - esquire6000
| Year of introduction
historical ( out of sale )
Hyphenated Techniques: LC-MS
Mass spectrometer: ESI-MS
Mass spectrometer: LC-MS
|Today, researchers have clear demands for LC/MSn:
Sensitivity and fast scan rates to extract more information from each HPLC peak.
Smart software tools to simplify data interpretation and management.
Streamlined workflow in times of ever- growing sample numbers and throughput.
See how the esquire6000™ answers these needs with outstanding scan power, sensitivity, and usability.
Industry-leading scan power
Explore the high performance of our 3rd generation benchtop ion trap. Perform rapid sample screening, as well as detailed structural and quantitative investigations.
Applications-driven software suite
Utilize powerful software tools for quick and intuitive method setup, data interpretation and reporting of results.
An analytical platform tailored to your needs
Benefit from the esquire‘s smooth integration with a broad variety of LC systems, sample preparation modules, and API sources.
The most widely used LC systems, autosamplers and fraction collectors are now fully integrated with the esquire6000: The Compass software enables complete and intuitive LC/MS method setup and system control.
The esquire6000 can be coupled to the Capillary Electrophoresis systems and is part of the world‘s first fully-integrated LC-NMR/MS system introduced by Bruker Biospin and Bruker Daltonics.
The esquire6000 uses the Agilent electrospray (ESI) ion source, which provides outstanding robustness, sensitivity and reproducibility over a wide range of LC operating conditions.
The orthogonal sprayer design speeds up method development while minimizing chemical noise, regardless of the separation conditions. The rugged design with fixed sprayer position prevents contamination and thus extends the maintenance cycle time.
Enhanced sensivitity for all applications down to the very low pg limit is possible. Tuning has become easier and largely uncritical across a wide m/z range.
Switching between all sources is fast and easy, due to the hinged swingout spray chamber design. A whole varitey of API sources covers the widest range of LC/MS applications, including various low-flow options.
The Ion Trap
Superior combination of mass range, scan speed and resolution.
The ion trap continues to offer the unrivaled standard mass range up to m/z 3000. Monoisotopic resolution throughout this standard mass range gives you the full picture at once. The extended mass range reaches up to m/z 6000.
Ultrafast scan cycles for both MS and MS/MS account for an extremely high duty cycle. More than 100 mass scans can be captured across a typical LC peak. This fast scanning also improves the dynamic range and reduces measurement variance.
Fragmentation is supported up to the MS11 stage, allowing for detailed investigation of target compounds. Monoisotopic isolation is ensured throughout the standard mass range.
The highly efficient ion transfer and trapping, as well as short scan times contribute to the truly superior sensitivity in the low pg range.
Multiple stages of structural information
Multiple fragmentation experiments up to MS11 help to gather structural information on ingredients of natural products, drugs, food and other samples. Because of the single-step dissociation in an ion trap, fragmentation pathways can be elucidated easily by MSn.
An optional Wide-band Fragmentation™ across a m/z range of up to 300 u ensures the simultaneous fragmentation of the precursor and ions which are derived from the pure loss of water or amine groups if those occur dominantly.
Fully automated ion-tree experiments and data-dependent scans help gaining structural information very quickly. In order to extract only the most relevant information, intelligent AutoMS/MS options can be used for MS/MS precursor ion selection and fragmentation.
- Automated Protein Identification
- In-Depth Protein Characterization
- Intelligent data acquisition in Proteomics
- Structural Confirmation
- Quantitation from complex samples
- Metabolite Screening
Proven esquire technology
- Unparalleled combination of resolution, scan speed, and mass range in MS and MSn.
- Superior mass accuracy.
- Low pg MS and MS/MS sensitivity.
- Fast Polarity Switching for on-the-fly acquisition of positive and negative ions.
- SmartFrag™ creates reproducible MS/MS spectra for successful MS/MS library search.
- Full scan MS and MS/MS in all scan modes for sensitive and fast analysis of unknown compounds.
- Neutral loss scans e.g. for determination of protein modifications.
- Multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) with MS/MS and MS3.
- Manual MSn up to MS11 in all scan modes.
- AutoMSn tree experiments with up to 30 MS precursor ions and 5 fragment ions per stage.
- Triple Play experiments without time consuming “charge-state determination-scan“.
- All types of data-dependent experiments, including preferred mass list for automated feedback experiments from MetaboliteTools and PROTEINEER.
- Active Exclusion
- Passive Exclusion
- Maximum Resolution Scan
- Triple Play experiments without time consuming "charge-state determination-scan"
- Preferred mass list
- Preferred charge state
- Integrated LC-MS control provided for:
- Agilent 1100 HPLC series, Capillary LC, nanoLC
- Waters Alliance HPLC series, CapLC, PDA
- LC Packings nanoLC systems (1D and 2D)
- Gilson 215 Autosampler/Fraction Collector
- Spark Endurance Autosampler
- CTC Analytics HTS PAL Autosampler
COMPASS ™ Software Features
- ESI – Orthogonal electrospray ionization source
- APCI – Orthogonal atmospheric pressure chemical ionization source
- Online NanoElectrospray – for capillary LC flow down to 50 nL/min
- Offline NanoElectrospray – consumption of 1-2 uL per sample at a flow rate of ca. 25 nL/min
- AP-MALDI – Atmospheric pressure MALDI source
- APPI – Atmospheric pressure photo ionization source
- Smart CE-MS coupling with grounded needle
- Integrated LC-MS control and data processing, including HyStar™, esquireControl™, DataAnalysis™, QuantAnalysis™, LibrarySearch™ modules.
- MetaboliteTools™ software for metabolite identification
- BioTools™/RapiDeNovo™ software for protein data interpretation
- ProteinScape™ database system for proteome project management
- ACD Labs MS Manager
- Compass Security Pack for work in regulated environment